Gifts For The Beer Lover
Beer gifts: a cold one for a warm heart
When you ask most dads to name their favorite beverage, beer's going to be at the top of the list. It's refreshing on a hot summer night and it's the perfect accompaniment to a plate of nachos and a bowl of chili for sports fan dads on game day. Beer gifts are easy to find and most dads aren't going to turn up their noses at a cold six pack. Want to go above and beyond with Dad's gift? Check out our suggestions below:
Gifts up to $20
- Beers from around the world - This is the easiest to assemble of all Dad's gifts. Hit a local beer store and buy him a sampler of different beers from around the globe. Think Scottish, Irish, German, Mexican and Japanese. He'll feel like a world traveler when he's done sampling!
- Drink bands - This is a great Father's Day gift for dads who like to have their buddies over for a few cold ones. These stretchy, colored plastic bands are all printed with different sayings and fit around the beer bottle. Just like wine markers, they help guests identify their own drinks.
Gifts up to $50
- Bottle opener sandals and rings - These clever designs incorporate a bottle opener into the sole of a sandal or the band of a ring. Of all Dad's gifts, this one is sure to make his friends envious.
- Beer of the Month club - Just like a magazine subscription, this Father's Day gift keeps giving all year long! Every month, a six or twelve pack of beer will be delivered to Dad's door. He can sample from breweries across the country or around the world! This is a great beer gift for Dad to share with friends.
- Monogrammed steins - Women have monogrammed towels, men have monogrammed beer steins. This Father's Day, add a touch of class to Dad's bar with a set of personalized beer mugs.
Gifts up to $100
- Brewery tour - In most cases, a brewery tour is free, or will cost less than $20 for each visitor. But if you're going to go on a tour, you might as well make a day of it: take Dad out for burgers or wings and spend some time just hanging out. In the list of Dad's gifts, this is the one he's going to remember the longest.
- Brew-your-own package - For a fantastic Father's Day gift, get Dad a voucher to brew his own beer. He can choose between ales, lagers, stouts and more exotic options like fruit or hemp beers. Gourmet dads will also enjoy the experience of making their own beer.
Gifts up to $200
- Bar fridge - A bar fridge is a must for any well-planned rec room. Having to make trips to the kitchen for refills means pausing the movie or missing crucial minutes of the game. For a Father's Day gift Dad's sure to love, get a mini fridge that matches his bar's decor or one that incorporates his favorite sports team's logo.
- Neon beer sign - One of the most coveted beer gifts on any dad's list, his bar just isn't complete without the obligatory neon beer sign. Look through the classifieds for more affordable pre-owned signs or check online for different designs that incorporate the logo of his favorite brand.
On Father's Day, it's the little gestures like bringing Dad a cold one while he watches the game, that make the difference. If you're of legal drinking age, sit on the deck with Dad and catch up over an icy cold brewski. If you're not of legal drinking age, pop open a root beer … it's close enough.
Advertiser Links for Father's Day